Allotments to rent - Please contact the Clerk for more information

Garage plots to rent - Please contact the Clerk for more details

Children's play area

Playing field

Multi use games area - Please call into the Village Store to obtain the key.



Do you need help with food due to Coronavirus?


If you have been affected financially due to the current crisis please do not suffer in silence. 

The Voluntary Help Centre (VHC), Sole Bay Care Fund, Southwold Town Council and Reydon Parish Council are working together to ensure local people have access to fresh and store cupboard food.

If you are self-employed and out of work, waiting for tax credits, or are unsure when you will be paid and are struggling to buy food please call us on

01502 724549.  You will be asked a few basic questions to assess your need but there is no lengthy referral process and no paperwork for you to complete. 

We are not able to provide people with an endless supply of food, but we are able to help in the short term. It will be expected that people contact landlords/mortgage providers and utility companies to arrange payment breaks or lower payments whilst their income is being affected by Coronavirus, food needs to be your main priority and companies are being very accepting of this at the moment.

Your details will not be shared with others without your knowledge and consent and any information you give us will be held securely and confidentially.

Phone lines are manned Monday to Friday from 9-5 with an answer phone available outside these hours.

If you need advice and support around benefits please contact Cllr David Beavan 01502 724904 or

The scheme is supported by The Southwold Trust and The Reydon Trust.

You make wish to contact the Reydon Trust directly, the Trust has been helping our communities for the past 50 years.


You can also contact Lowestoft Foodbank – 07307 866146

Registered Charity Numbers:  VHC – 1164155, Sole Bay Care Fund – 1144108, The Southwold Trust – 206480,

The Reydon Trust - 206873







Wangford with Henham Parish Council (the Council) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. For the purpose of applicable data protection law, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from its entry into force on 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (together, DP Law), the Council is the data controller. Our Privacy Notice explains what we do with any personal information which we collect from you when you interact with us.

This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you when you visit the site and when you contact us, whether by e-mail, post or telephone.

By interacting with us you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Notice (as amended from time to time).

What type of personal information do we collect?

The personal information we collect from you is used primarily to enable us to provide the specific service you require.

Personal information can include the following:

  • your title, forename and surname.
  • your personal or work related (depending on which you choose to submit) e-mail address
  • your personal or work related contact details (depending on which you choose to submit) such as your telephone number(s) and postal address;

The legal basis for our use and other processing of your personal information under DP Law

This will include (as relevant):

  • processing your personal information so that we may perform our obligations
  • processing for legitimate interests provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, this is relevant when we use and process your personal data to deal with our legal and regulatory and internal governance obligations
  • processing which is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations laid down by European Union law (where relevant) and by English Laws applicable to us in the United Kingdom (“Our Legal Obligations”).
  • Your consent may also be a lawful reason for processing your personal data in certain cases (“Your Consent”). This means your freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent which may be collected from you, for instance: when you apply to rent an allotment/ garage or lodge a concern/complaint. You should be aware that you are entitled under DP Law to withdraw your consent where you have given it to us at any time. If you do this and if there is no alternative lawful reason for us to rely on to justify our use or other processing on your personal data, this may affect our ability to provide you with some of our services.    

In summary, we need certain categories of personal data in order to provide you with our services. 

We have explained below the purposes for which we may use information about you. As with the section above, we have explained why we use your information with reference to the relevant legal basis. Presenting the information in this way will make it easier for you to understand your rights in relation to your personal information, and this is explained further below in the sections headed “Your rights to access your personal information” and “Your rights under DP Law”:

We may use your personal information for the following Legitimate interests:

  • to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
  • for internal record keeping;
  • to contact you by e-mail or phone either of the above reasons;

Your Contract

  • to perform any contract the Council has with you;

How long do we keep your personal information for (and the criteria used to determine this)?

Your personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the specific purposes outlined in this Notice and to allow us to comply with our legal requirements.


Does the Council share my personal information with third parties?

We may disclose specific information upon lawful request by HMRC, government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law and for tax or other purposes. Personal information may also be released to external parties in response to legal process, and when required to comply with laws, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Council and our employees.

We will not sell your personal information to any third party

Will my personal information be transferred abroad? No

Your rights to access your personal information

You have a number of other rights in respect of your personal information under applicable DP Law. These include the right to access or obtain copies of your personal information and to have inaccurate information about you corrected. 

To exercise your right to access your personal data please write to The Clerk at 5 Mill Lane Wrentham, Beccles NR34 7JQ

Your rights under DP Law

[As well as the right to access the personal information we hold about you, you have a number of other rights in respect of your personal information under DP Law. These may include (as relevant):

  • the right to access or obtain copies of your personal information that we hold (see above);
  • the right to rectification, including to require us to correct inaccurate personal data;
  • the right to request restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal data;
  • the right to request the erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
  • the right to data portability including to obtain personal data in a commonly used machine readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on your consent;
  • the right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual; and
  • the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent.

Please be aware that some of these rights will only become relevant when changes to DP Law come into force in May 2018.


Your right to complain to the data privacy supervisory authority

Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy you might have, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s Information Commissioner if you consider that we have infringed applicable data privacy laws when processing your personal data. In the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted using the following link:


Keeping you informed

We will keep your details on record until we have completely dealt with your request, enquiry or application and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.

The Council may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and will then endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.

Changes to this Notice

We keep this Notice under regular review. We may change this Notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Notice will be updated accordingly and we encourage you to check this from time to time for any updates or changes. Where you have provided us with your email address, we may also contact you to let you know that we have updated the Notice.

Contact/address details

Parish Clerk role is currently vacant